Happy Friday, Wonderfully Witchy people!
I hope you had a lovely Yule/Solstice/Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa/Holiday season!
One thing I love about being a witch is that it gives us so many opportunities for celebration and renewal.
Every month, on the new moon, we begin a new part of the cycle. Every month, on the full moon, we get a chance to release. On the Wheel of the Year, we get Samhain. We also get our birthdays, and the change in the calendar year!
Which brings us to now. Let’s get real. I try to live my life in gratitude and love and amazement, but 2017 has been rough, my friends. I’ve suffered with grief, estrangement from family, a toxic work environment, and a whole bunch of uncertainty. The #MeToo campaign made me contend with some past trauma that had been long buried. I had to make some difficult decisions, do some major reflection, and make some big changes. And all of it seemed to circle around a particular lesson:
I had to learn to trust in myself – and the universe – in ways that I never knew I could.
What a gift! Truly, to even know it’s a possibility to trust in myself and surrender to the flow of the universe was new to me. It’s a constant process. I am a constant process, and that’s okay.
How to unpack and unravel all of that? I’ve been praying, journaling, chanting, doing yoga, reading, crying, laughing, all of it. I’ve also been using Tarot, and this is why I love it.
Sometimes I need something – in a more symbolic language – to get me out of my own head.
I feel, more and more, that spirituality is whatever allows us to have a conversation with the universe. Tarot is a wonderful tool for facilitating that conversation. We can use it to predict, investigate, question, and answer everything from within.
So here’s a Tarot game for the Old year:
1. Shuffle your deck, thinking of the year past.
2. Find ‘The World’ card. Set it in the middle.
3. Take the card on the left and place it to the left.
4. Take the card on the right and place it to the right.
5. The World card is the last card of the Major Arcana, and in this position represents the culmination of the past year.
6. The card on the left represents the lessons of the year to take with us.
7. The card on the right represents the issues of the year to leave behind.
And for the new year?
1. Shuffle your deck, thinking of the year to come.
2. Find ‘The Fool’ card. Set it in the middle.
3. Take the card on the left of the Fool card in the deck and place it to the left.
4. Take the card on the right of the Fool card in the deck and place it to the right.
5. The Fool card is the first card of the Major Arcana, and in this position represents the the possibilities for the year ahead.
6. The card on the right represents the lessons of the year to come.
7. The card on the left represents the theme of the year to come.
That’s all for now – have a Wonderfully Witchy weekend, and see you in 2018! ❤ ❤ ❤
2 thoughts on “Tarot Game for The Old and New Year”
I rarely love other people’s spreads but this is too fun to pass up! Thanks 🌹❤️
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks, I’m so happy that you like them! 😀